The Church of the Holy Trinity (CHT) is looking for a part-time Director of Family Ministries. This role provides care, education, spiritual counseling and special programs for children of all ages, youth and their guardians.
The Director of Family Ministries is a caring, collaborative, family-oriented leader in the church. The ideal candidate has experience creating safe and nurturing environments where children and families learn and grow in their Christian faith. We are looking for someone with a vision to build on the foundations of our existing family ministries, expand our programs, and increase family involvement.
The main responsibilities include:
- Supervision of family programming
- Supervision of the Kindergarten and Sunday School program
- Create and coordinate family oriented programs and special events that will build community and engage new participants
- Supervision of 2 nursery nurses
- Manage the budget, supplies and libraries for CHT families and youth
- Build on current programs and broaden vision
- Recruit volunteers to help create and run programs
- Communicate with families using multiple media – email, SMS, phone calls, in-person visits
- Collaboration and coordination with staff and rectors (head of staff)
- Logistics, programming and promotion
- Attend staff meetings, worship planning, and other meetings as needed
- Oversee Safe Church training, certification and approvals for volunteers and staff
Experience, knowledge and skills required:
- Teacher, previous work with children / youth / parenthood, or similar experience preferred
- Previous supervision of staff and volunteers
- Familiarity with study programs: Lego Brickworks, Godly Play or Teen Compass, an asset
- Comfortable with their own Christian faith and willing to share it with others
- Understanding of episcopal or similar traditions an asset
- Good understanding of family dynamics
- Familiarity with Lego Brickworks, Godly Play or Teen Compass program an asset
- Welcoming, accepting and loving by all – supporting LGBTQIA + members, engaging in practicing and teaching anti-racism and oriented towards social justice
- Excellent written / oral communication skills, adept at Microsoft Office and social media
- Creative and astute, successful in planning and executing programs and events
- Capable of delivering in-person programming, as well as virtual or hybrid programming via Zoom or similar technologies
The position is based in our Parish House and Church located on Rittenhouse Square in Philadelphia and requires 24-28 hours per week. Paid vacation and a retirement savings and investment plan with employer matching are available.
About the Church of the Holy Trinity:
The Church of the Holy Trinity has met in Episcopal worship and service in Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia since 1857. We seek to be a joyful, holy, and healing place focused on connecting with God, our neighbors and ourselves . Whoever you are and whatever your background, we open our doors to you. Our belief is that children are our leaders now, not just in the future, and we have incorporated them into church leadership in various ways. Throughout the pandemic, we have stayed connected and even developed our family community, adapting to virtual programming. The Director of Family Ministries is essential in supporting and growing our children and our family community as we look ahead and plan to return to in-person programming this fall.