Christian Student Loans

Financial FAQs – Eastern Nazarene College


How can I apply for federal financial assistance?

To apply for any need-based financial aid, including federal aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can submit the FAFSA after October 1st for the following academic year.

How can I apply for ENC scholarships and grants?

When you submit your ENC admission application, you automatically apply for the ENC merit-based scholarships.

What are my options to cover the remaining balance?

There are many types of aid available to help families. The estimated remaining need can be met through a combination of cash payments, payment plans, ENC payroll deductions, Federal Parent PLUS loan, private student loans, and outside scholarships.

When will I receive an invoice?

Your invoice for tuition, fees, room and board will be available by July 1st for the fall semester. You will need to make payment arrangements with the Office of Student Financial Services for any balance owed after the financial aid is subtracted from the fee.

What if our financial situation had changed since the FAFSA tax year?

If your family has experienced unexpected changes in income, such as a loss or significant reduction in income, large unreimbursed medical bills, and / or private school tuition (k-12) paid for others children while your student is enrolled in ENC, you can complete 2021-2022 Special Circumstances Income Change. Please complete and submit this form with all requested forms and supporting documents.

What are my loan options?

Federal direct student loans will be included in the financial aid offer letter if a student meets the eligibility requirements. Additionally, although they are not included in the letter of offer, parents can apply for a Federal PLUS loan to help cover any outstanding balance. Private educational loans through lenders are also available if a student needs additional funds to pay for education costs.

When do I have to repay my federal student loans?

Different loans have different payment options that may require immediate repayment, such as the Parent PLUS No Deferral Loan. Federal direct loans are repaid six months after you graduate, drop out of school, or drop credits below half time.Make sure you read the loan application information carefully to make sure you know the repayment requirements as each loan is unique.

Do my university grades have an impact on my eligibility for financial aid?

ENC Academic Scholarships require students to maintain a minimum GPA for renewal. Federal financial aid requires students to make satisfactory academic progress as defined both qualitatively (cumulative GPA) and quantitatively (passing credit hour attempts).


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.