Michigan Medicine opens first-dose appointments for patients 65 and over, on-site health workers

ANN ARBOR, MI – Michigan Medicine opened about 1,000 appointments for the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine this week, after being unable to do so for the past two weeks due to a limited vaccine supply.

New appointments for the first dose were opened on February 23 and quickly reserved for patients 65 years of age and older, as well as a limited number of Michigan Medicine healthcare workers who work on-site at healthcare facilities. , according to officials at Michigan Medicine.

Those who have received an invitation to make an appointment this week or have received an invitation in the past are urged to check on March 1 to see if additional appointments for the first dose are offered, officials said.

“We hope to receive enough vaccines next week to continue opening new appointments and issuing new invitations to our eligible patients,” according to an email sent by the health system.

New appointments for the second dose were opened earlier this week, and Michigan Medicine will continue to monitor and open additional appointments for the second dose as needed and as vaccine supply is received. , according to the email.

Michigan Medicine attributed the limited vaccine supply to a change in the state-level COVID-19 vaccine implementation schedule. About 60% of the state’s vaccine supply goes to local health departments and the remaining 40% is delivered to hospitals statewide, according to the email.

Vaccine Strategy Change “Has Huge Impact” on Michigan Medicine Vaccine Deployment, Officials Say

Michigan Medicine recently announced a partnership with Ann Arbor Public Schools to rapidly vaccinate teachers and staff. The Washtenaw County Department of Health is working with Michigan Medicine and IHA to immunize approximately 1,200 elementary school educators on Saturday, February 27.

In addition to vaccinations, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has authorized AAPS to expand rapid testing for students and staff in school buildings, school officials said.

AAPS and Michigan Medicine vaccine partnership is a game-changer in returning students to class, officials say

As of Wednesday, February 24, Michigan Medicine had administered 66,537 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. You will find more information on his COVID-19 vaccine website.

READ MORE:

Despite criticism, Michigan Medicine gives COVID-19 vaccine to workers who are not on the frontlines

In-person learning at Ann Arbor Public Schools in March

Ann Arbor Public Schools Hope Return to In-Person Learning Will Help “Restore Confidence”

Source link

About Charles Brown

Check Also

FEMA offers assistance for damage caused by winter bad weather in Calcasieu

LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana (KPLC) – Homeowners and tenants in Calcasieu who were affected by the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *