Rise and shine, Reston! The weekend is upon us, so let’s start with everything you need to know about Reston.
First, your weather forecast for the weekend:
- Friday: Mostly sunny. High: 70 Low: 49.
- Saturday: Generally sunny and pleasant. High: 79 Low: 56.
- Sunday: Rather cloudy. High: 82 Low: 64.
Here are the best stories in Reston today:
- Young artists learn theater skills through RCP (Reston Patch) apprenticeship program
- FCPD Daily News Blog: Hope Cards Arrive in Fairfax County as Domestic Violence Awareness Month Begins (Press Release Office)
- Mitigation Strategy for Soapstone Connector Still Underway | Fairfax County (Fairfaxtimes.com)
- Power Moves: Tamika Tremaglio leaves Deloitte to lead NBA union (Technical.ly DC)
- Use your best pumpkin from a patch near Reston to make a pie (Reston Patch)
- FCFRD News Blog: Fight Hunger in Fairfax County! Donate to The Stuff The Bus Food Drive on October 9 (press release office)
- Embattled Navient says it will not serve federal student loans; 10% drop in inventory (PostBulletin.com)
- Two Reston Gateway skyscrapers nearing completion (Reston Now)
Registration for our spring break camp is currently open! Each day will be filled with unique and different activities. ðâï¸
Today’s Reston Daily is brought to you by our friends at Verizon. They are building the fastest 5G network in the country. To find out how 5G will change the lives of you and your community – and to access this amazing technology – click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Reston!
This weekend in Reston:
- Fairfax County Government: Capital One Hall in Tysons Opens This Weekend The new performing arts center (built and owned by Capital One) features a 1,500-seat performance hall, a 250-seat theater called The Vault, and classrooms . ð These installations have … “(Instagram)
- Fairfax County Government: âOn Saturday, October 2, Braddock Supervisor James Walkinshaw and Sully Supervisor Kathy Smith will lead the Fairfax Team at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention’s annualâ Out of the Darkness âWalk. hui to join the Fairfax team … “(Instagram)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Check out the dance team spirit basket; let the auction begin! Excellent items and value with a lot of Seahawk spirit! Https: //t.co/e7FEpAKOiZ pic.twitter.com/J9aq22fYLk
– South Lakes Boosters Club, Inc. (@SeahawkBoosters) October 1, 2021
- Studio Muse – Virtual and in-person music instruction – Host a trial music lesson today! (Visit the website)
- Foley Academy of Irish Dance – Traditional Irish Dance Studio in Reston, VA (visit website)
- Fairfax Christian School – Give your child a competitive advantage (Visit the website)
- Jewish community of Shoreshim – A participatory Jewish congregation in Northern Virginia (Visit the website)
- Design and construction of synergy – Award winning local home renovator (visit website)
- Add your business here
- St. Joseph Catholic School – Now accepting applications for 2022-2023! (October 1st)
- Loudoun Symphony Orchestra presents Nuts and Bolts (October 1)
- Fox Mill Estates Community Garage Sale (October 2)
- Sale of native plants on Sat 10/2 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (October 2)
- Outdoor Fall Craft Bazaar 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Rain or shine (October 2)
- Fall Festival featuring Spokely the Square Pumpkin @ Reston Farms Garden Market (October 3)
- Makers, Farmers, Brewers 2nd Annual Oktoberfest Market (October 3)
- Helping Hearts Through the Arts Annual Fall Remembrance Day Arts Festival (October 3)
- Silver and Brass Restoration Services: Mondays 10-4 (October 4)
- Slice of Fall Salad from Little Wild Things Farm (October 6)
- Pathways to Wellness 2021 Conference (October 7)
- 3 Brain Hacks to manifest a FREE webinar (October 7)
- Save it for 5K Books (October 16)
- Add your event
You are now in the know and ready to start this Friday on the right foot! I’ll see you back in your inbox next week with your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider including some of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Michael o’connell
About Me: Michael O’Connell is a Field Editor at Patch in Northern Virginia. He is also the host and producer of the weekly It’s All Journalism podcast and produces the Better News podcast for the American Press Institute. Previously, Michael was digital editor at Local News Now, senior digital editor at Federal News Network, producer of the National Governors Association’s Meet the Threat podcast, and editor of The Connection Newspapers.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Reston Daily? I’m all ears. You can contact me at [email protected]